Holiday shopping made easier!
The famous neighborhood of New York City has since ’70s and ’80s evolved into one of the city´s prime shopping districts. Even though SoHo (South of Houston Street) still features galleries, the area is matching the luxury boutiques with independent-designer outposts that gives the are it´s famous character. Here’s your guide to what’s new in SoHo retail—including holiday pop-ups—and noteworthy permanent retailers. When all that shopping becomes exhausting, visit one of the restaurants or bars on the list for a well-deserved break.
Pop Ups/New in 2017:
- Bershka Pop Up (opened October 2017) – Zara’s more affordable sister brand. 580 Broadway.
- Shinola (opened June 2017) – Luxury items including just released headphones. 101 Prince Street.
- VLTN Pop up (opened October 2017) – Athletic wear resort line from Valentino fearing limited edition items. Closes 11/26. 121 Spring Street.
- Maison Kitsune (opened October 2017) – Parisian fashion and electronic music record label. 248 Lafayette.
- Shamballa Jewels (opened September 2017) – Danish fine jewelry company. 170 Mercer.
- Armani Box Pop-up (opened November 2017) – The brand’s first NYC pop-up store includes the entire product range. Closes 12/31. 490 Broadway.
- YSL Beauty Pop-up (opened October 2017) – Customize your favorite YSL Beauty Lipsticks and Fragrances. Closes 12/31. 490 Broadway
Travelers tip: A Peshtemal, turkish hamam towel that is also being used as a scarf and plaid will keep you warm and prepared for chilly evenings, get yours here! Use discount code WKND15 at the checkout to get 15% off!
- Moncler– Luxury puffer coats for everyone – including the dog. 90 Prince Street.
- Supreme– Streetwear and skate brand with a cult following. 274 Lafayette Street.
- KITH– Multifunctional lifestyle brand for both men and women. 337 Lafayette Street
- SONOS– Flagship for the wireless home sound systems company. 101 Greene Street.
- Bathing Ape– Japanese fashion brand known for limited edition collaborations. 91 Greene Street.
- Opening Ceremony– Iconic and emerging homegrown designers. 35 Howard Street.
Take a Break For a Bite or a Beverage:
- *Soft opening Nov. 15th! Star Wars-inspired Dark Side Bar serves coffee during the day before becoming a speakeasy lounge in the evening. 201 Lafayette St.
- The Handy Liquor Bar– Features a time-honored cocktail list inspired by the classics. 527 Broome Street.
- Von– Neighborhood spot for a drink and conversation. 3 Bleecker Street.
- The Ship– Nautically-inspired and spacious underground speakeasy. 158 Lafayette Street.
- Le Coucou– Critically-acclaimed French restaurant. 138 Lafayette Street.
- De Maria– All day café. 19 Kenmare Street.
- Pasquale Jones – Delicious pizza from the Charlie Bird team. 187 Mulberry Street
- Blue Ribbon Sushi – Original outpost of the popular sushi restaurant. 119 Sullivan St.
Travelers tip: A Peshtemal, turkish hamam towel that is also being used as a scarf and plaid will keep you warm and prepared for chilly evenings, get yours here! Use discount WKND15 at the checkout to get 15% off!